Monday, April 9, 2012

Relocation of My Little Kitchen

It's been quiet as of late here. I have been cooking a little, but really, moving a lot.

The little kitchen has moved to another little kitchen, complete with a flattop cookstove (it heats so fast!) and the essentials, pictured below:


My sister Courtney and friend Lauren help me set up the new little kitchen, including jars and labels for each of my beloved herbs and spices. "What is this one for?" Lauren kept asking, holding up cardamom or cumin or herbs de Provence, and more often than not, I replied "for roasted chicken" or "great on roasted potatoes."

Whoa. Expanding the menu a bit is one of the first agendas of the "new" little kitchen. Roasted chicken and potatoes is a comfort meal for me, and I've needed a lot of comfort lately, but with Spring and new beginnings, my palate is looking for some new flavors. First on my agenda is adding more seafood. It's one of my favorite things on earth, and I live in one of the best places on earth for it, but I've always said "when I have more money."

Although that's not necessarily the case, I am going to incorporate it more into the home kitchen. I'll just go meatless the other nights, and with the bounty of fresh veggies available at the local markets, that won't be a sacrifice. So here's to Spring, and the new little kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment