Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beer and Doughnuts -- I have a "hard" life

On Thursday, as the sun was waning over the marsh tidal creeks in the Historic Navy Yard of North Charleston, I visited a more industrial side of the complex, a factory filled with bright tanks, tubes and large sinks. That's right, I made it to Coast Brewery for their Thursday happy hour tasting.

I joined Lauren Vinciguerra and Amanda Woodward (who I both hope will be guest blogging here in the future), and soon, we met a new favorite combo -- sunset, beer, and a doughnut, a Diggity Doughnut to be exact.

The Food Network famous doughnut, along with my favorite Coast taste,  32/50 Kolsch

I had a peanut butter and siracha doughnut, and it was Thai-tastic. Lauren opted for chocolate and Amanda stuck with classic cinnamon and sugar, and we munched, learned about venting CO2 and traded roasted chicken recipes. In short, spending time with these ladies was a serendipitous gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment