Sunday, May 20, 2012

Friday night: Champagne and Radishes

My sweet sis came to visit the little kitchen this weekend, and in celebration of her visit, I went shopping for some extra veggies for this vegetarian. My biggest score came from the Vegetable Bin on Thursday afternoon -- easter egg radishes.

These colorful beauties from Johns Island called to me, and so we built an impromptu meal around them.



Of course, we started with some butter with coarse salt for the radishes, then prosecco (the most important part!), Persian cucumbers, cheddar cheese, gouda, a random addition of herbed popcorn, more prosecco, crackers, and avocado tossed with lemon and salt.

We ate all of this on my bed, listening to music, and using a bath towel as an impromptu picnic blanket. Right now, I have a bit of a miniature dining table --ok, that's an understatement -- so we ate and laughed and tried our best to not get crumbs on the bed quilt.

The next day, we enjoyed more bubbly at Virginia's, a spot in easy walking distance from our favorite shopping on King Street. Oh, and they have fried okra, something we two sisters make a beeline for. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment